Messed-Up Bible Stories10 Messed-Up Bible Stories10

This series continues to be SO good. Episode 9 has yet to be defeated, but at this rate, it damn sure will be eventually.

Epic Wub Time Epic Wub Time

The great animation, the impressive voice impersonation; it was all wasted. Could there have been a more predictable, more boring, more expected, more played-out, more unexciting way to characterize the Vinyl Scratch/Octavia pairing?

It's such a cute concept; it begs for countless twists and surprises; and instead the best we could do was hack out the most generic, obvious personalities from the two ponies that one could imagine from what we know of them. Scratch is the 'quirky, loud' one, Octavia's the 'serious' one... *hides face from embarrassment from lack of creativity*.

All the other, little scenes and stories don't help much.

So Discord comes back. Okay, any twist? Any weird distraction? Anything creative?

A date goes bad. Okay... joke? Comedy? Got any sort of humor of any kind?

Only good part was the way Vinyl Scratch acted at the end about the sandwich. See, THAT is the kind of goofball creativity that was rich in Epic Cupcake/Pie Time; just have more of that and we'll be good!

I'd like to be able to say "do it right next time and no harm will be done", but I'm not sure; as much time and effort that I see went into this one, I fear it will rest on the permanent record of everyone involved--mostly the animators--as a humiliating waste of time.

47times responds:

Well I can assure you that the result, at least for where we are now, is not the most important thing for us, so even if everyone didn't like it, it wouldn't have been a waste of time. Even though it was very well received by most, and we knew that not everyone would like it for what ever reason, what we learnt from feedback and just the process of making it certainly wasn't a waste of time.

My Little Parody: FWBIM My Little Parody: FWBIM

When such an amazing amount of dedication of time and creativity is put into the HELP WANTED sign, you know that these people are going to succeed.

And by the way, you've got the best male voices for the mane six I've heard outside of that one group on Youtube.

Oxy Oxy

A criminally intense thriller.

The Oxygen levels are especially ingenious. You really do have just baaaaarely enough time to get yourself out of there, and it's almost impossible to do it with Dave still alive. It's just a great application of organic choices.

However... uh, after my fifth try, I finally got Dave to safety... but the epilogue still said that I lost him on the way. What?

Also, I'm shocked to say that I'd actually prefer some overdone minimalist Atari graphics over what we were given here; or at least, a much darker backdrop to match the heavy and desperate theme.

hbocao responds:

Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah... Dave wasn't supposed to survive. hehe This version is a MUCH easier version than the original and I was afraid that this would happen. :( Sorry for that and thanks for your time ;)

Reach The Goal Reach The Goal

Congratulations, you are 294602rd person to use that Chaos Fantasy song on Newgrounds. Thank you for reaffirming that song's utter dominance as the greatest song ever to grace the audio portal, but this game doesn't do much else.

Suggestion 1: Make the hit detection less crazily biased against the player. Don't let the character die from just the slightest touch of danger.
Suggestion 2: Work way, way harder on level design. You're making a traditional platformer; so go and play some Mario and deconstruct what you play. Try to think like the level designer; try to figure out what it was that made him decide where to put each and every block.

Stick Jumper Stick Jumper

The failure of this piece speaks for itself, so I'll focus positive. I must say, for ten years old, you are quite a good game designer! Anyone who puts those CLASSIC 'motion lines' beneath a persons' feet to indicate dramatic movement knows what they're doing. Also, the way the character grabs hold of the walls both left and right; it's effective graphical fidelity.

Honestly, I wasn't minding the game at all--it was generally pretty functional--until I discovered the absence of any, well, game. You know what? Just take this engine and make something out of it. Like make actual levels. I'd play that.

Haunted Hau5 (WIP) Haunted Hau5 (WIP)

That is a brilliant title!

cypher_wild_west cypher_wild_west

This song takes a quick glance at you from across the room, then pounces at you, grabs you by the waist and tosses you into an LSD-wired danger land of action.

Sunlight in the clouds II Sunlight in the clouds II

Decent enough.

It keeps reminding me of Winter Wrap Up.

I don't want to fight I don't want to fight

Well it looks really good and the cartoon action is really funny, so that scores it a lot of points. But overall, the satire isn't too creative or original. Maybe if it was more specific, like, pointing out how these trainers apparently have this completely straight yet totally narrow field of vision.

Portal Panic Portal Panic

How inspired; a bunch of Newgrounds characters right next to each other. Great to see that for the five-trillionth time.

What is this picture about? What are they doing? Are they having a moment of silence for a deceased NG contributor? Are they playing chess? Are they fighting zombies? No; they're just running forward and making a pose.

Unimaginative, lazy art at its shiniest.

Zen Zen

The final page of the first chapter of a comic that, if it were to be finished, would be the best comic ever.