Messed-Up Bible Stories10 Messed-Up Bible Stories10

This series continues to be SO good. Episode 9 has yet to be defeated, but at this rate, it damn sure will be eventually.

Epic Wub Time Epic Wub Time

The great animation, the impressive voice impersonation; it was all wasted. Could there have been a more predictable, more boring, more expected, more played-out, more unexciting way to characterize the Vinyl Scratch/Octavia pairing?

It's such a cute concept; it begs for countless twists and surprises; and instead the best we could do was hack out the most generic, obvious personalities from the two ponies that one could imagine from what we know of them. Scratch is the 'quirky, loud' one, Octavia's the 'serious' one... *hides face from embarrassment from lack of creativity*.

All the other, little scenes and stories don't help much.

So Discord comes back. Okay, any twist? Any weird distraction? Anything creative?

A date goes bad. Okay... joke? Comedy? Got any sort of humor of any kind?

Only good part was the way Vinyl Scratch acted at the end about the sandwich. See, THAT is the kind of goofball creativity that was rich in Epic Cupcake/Pie Time; just have more of that and we'll be good!

I'd like to be able to say "do it right next time and no harm will be done", but I'm not sure; as much time and effort that I see went into this one, I fear it will rest on the permanent record of everyone involved--mostly the animators--as a humiliating waste of time.

47times responds:

Well I can assure you that the result, at least for where we are now, is not the most important thing for us, so even if everyone didn't like it, it wouldn't have been a waste of time. Even though it was very well received by most, and we knew that not everyone would like it for what ever reason, what we learnt from feedback and just the process of making it certainly wasn't a waste of time.

My Little Parody: FWBIM My Little Parody: FWBIM

When such an amazing amount of dedication of time and creativity is put into the HELP WANTED sign, you know that these people are going to succeed.

And by the way, you've got the best male voices for the mane six I've heard outside of that one group on Youtube.

True Friendship True Friendship

This is, far and away, the best stylistic fan-adaption--upon any medium or platform--of FiM that I have yet seen. It's just crappy enough to be funny, just different enough to be special, but still professional enough to be good.

And let's not pretend that it made any brony sad and at least close to crying; we all know that with as attached as we are with those characters, how easy it is for the shortest and simplest of fan creations to punch you in the gut.

Friendship Isn't Real Friendship Isn't Real

This was a good cartoon and could have been really super funny, but the author comments kind of ruined it for me. They're all so whiny and annoying.

I appreciate the animation and voice work, although I don't know if that was the best choice of music.

Moisture Care Moisture Care

Wow that sure was shitty.

General rule of thumb; if you're going to do anything that involves a female character and an intimate relationship, you've really got to find a female to do the voice because it's creepy otherwise.

Also, did you really have to add yet another contribution to the 'dates, marriage, children, then old age' montage pile? Do you have any idea what hasn't been done fifteen quadrillion times already?

Mario's Reward Mario's Reward

You bet your ass it's played out

Jesus, the lack of caring is so intense it embarrasses me.

"I was working to make cartoons that were designed more for a general audience, so to people who play video games a lot, this joke may seem a little 'played out.'"
Oh. Okay, that explains it.

Bob Pilgrim Bob Pilgrim

N'awesome

GOD. Weebl is SO GOOD AT CULTURAL SATIRE. I so very much want to review his stuff, but there's nothing to say!! It reminds me of what good entertainment is!

:: Letter To Santa :: :: Letter To Santa ::

Christmas

This has long been one of my favorite episodes of yours. A classic.

Messed-Up Bible Stories 9 Messed-Up Bible Stories 9

Fantastic

This is by far, BY FAR the funniest chapter yet. There were at least four separate occasions in which I rofl'ed extremely hard. 'Too blessed for my shirt' was the best of all; it absolutely killed me.

Do you, per chance, remember the review I made for chapter 8 last year? All the whiney complaints I expressed about the repetitiveness and using the same jokes all the time? None of that is in this one; it's all awesome.

I can't tell you how cool it is to know of other people who are into dark, gross-out comedy AND know a lot about the Bible. I thought I was the only one.

May the Lord bless thee with great fortune and ad revenue; may thou be able to keep going with this show all the way into the book of Revelation. Even if it takes fifty years, I'll wait.